The Sun Shone to the Maldives this morning, 15th July 2020 with the landing of Qatar Airways. This is officially the first step towards welcoming tourism back to our island after the temporary closure.
You may be wondering what it is like to visit the Maldives with the ‘New Normal’.
Here is a quick snap of what you need to know:
Written by Shanoon Khalid
VISA ON ARRIVAL
- No visa fee or prior visa is required
- Free 30 day on arrival tourist visa
ENTRY TO MALDIVES
- Tourists will not be subject to any quarantine measures upon arrival to the Maldives.
- Tourists will not be required to submit any medical test results for entry to the Maldives. However, travellers presenting with symptoms of Covid-19 upon arrival will be subjected to a PCR test at the traveller’s cost.
- Additionally, local health authorities may conduct random testing, at no cost to travellers.
- An online health declaration form will be required as part of the on-arrival procedure.
DEPARTURE FROM MALDIVES
- Testing services are available in Maldives for tourists who require Covid-19 test results to return to their countries of origin or another destination.
Water Salute at Velana International Airport (MLE) on 15th July 2020
(C) Maldives Insider
Maldives has never been a crowded destination; making this ‘One Island One Resort’ nation, one of the safest in the world. All properties in the ADORE Maldives collection are offering:
Enhanced Hygiene Practices; including the latest sterilization, disinfection and cleaning technologies according to the WHO standards starting with a complimentary hygiene kit on arrival (gloves, masks & sanitizer etc.) for all guests.
Guest Guardian: One point of contact with personalised service from In-villa breakfast to a dedicated butler ensuring the highest level of health and safety compliance at all guest touchpoints. Most islands have Risk & Hygiene Managers that follow strict HPA (Health Protection Agency of the Maldives) guidelines.
Spacious Private Pool Villas: Our collection features some of the largest villas in the Maldives, most of them with private pools. Thus, privacy and space remain protected.
Limited No. of People on each Excursion: Dolphin Cruise to Sunset Fishing and Guided Snorkelling; all excursions are limited to one family or maximum 04 to 06 persons, if not private.
A la Carte Dining: Buffets were never a luxury but dining under the stars with your feet in the sand was! Order from extensive a la carte selections at your comfort, while most of the resorts remove buffet dining from its offer.
Daily and Frequent Temperature Checks: While your health and safety are of utmost importance, resorts of the Maldives keep a balanced check of all personnel directly or indirectly involved with guests.
One Island, One Team: The people you interact in the resorts are on the island, they do not frequent to the capital or the neighbouring islands, thus, your contact with the outside world is limited to a small number of dedicated team members.
On top of the above extraordinary measures the resorts are taking, Trans Maldivian Airways (TMA), the largest seaplane operator in the world has also prepared a comprehensive video to show you how seriously we take your health and safety.
Reach out to your Maldives Travel Counsellors for personal recommendations. Some of the resorts are already open while the others are gearing up to welcome travellers from August, September and October onwards:
- Customised Offers & Packages in the Maldives
As we work closely within a handful of luxury resorts, ADORE Maldives is able to obtain customised deals, special discounts and utmost flexibility.
- Flexible Amendments and Cancellation Policies
All Resorts we work with offer flexible Cancellation and Date Change Policies; thus, allowing you to book with ease of mind when planning your trip to the Maldives.
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
Our travel insurance offers some of the most extensive coverages including:
– Up to EUR 1,000,000 of Medical and Health Care Assistance
– Up to EUR 11,000 of Refunds per person in case of last-minute Cancellation
- International Fights with ADORE Maldives
We are one of the few Maldives based Tour Operator that has access to over 170 Airlines around the Globe. This has enabled us to offer a complete vacation package including your resort in the Maldives.
With the above easy measures stated by the Maldives Government and the Confidence of booking with ADORE Maldives, everyone is asking, when are you visiting the Maldives?